- Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 7:00 PM
I’m really excited to announce that we’re going to have our first OpenHack night, tomorrow (10/9) at CoworkBuffalo (http://coworkbuffalo.com/) at 7pm! This is modeled after hackfests at BostonRB (http://bostonrb.org/), which were a big success and led to lots of great code and fun community projects out of Boston.
Here’s how OpenHack will work:
1) You can hack on anything! Doesn’t matter the language, framework, if it’s public/open-source, personal, etc. (This is under the WNYRuby banner mostly since we’re already paying for Meetup, but we’ll get it on Nextplex and more!)
2) You don’t have to have an idea to hack on! You’re more than welcome to come just to pair with someone.
3) We’ll start off with a quick round of introductions (every night!), to say who you are, what you’re working on, and if you’d like help with your idea.
4) The organizers will order food, so you don’t have to worry about dinner. We’d love to have some sponsors for this as well from local development shops, and we’ll give a shoutout to you.
5) BYOB is very encouraged! Spot is downstairs as well, for any caffeine drinkers.
6) We’ll call it a night around 9. Focus usually wanes by this point, for obvious reasons! Maybe if there’s interest head to a bar for more discussion.